Friday, December 7, 2007

My purpose in life

"From Soil it came... To soil it went...." The person who said this should be hanged....

It demeans the very creativity of mankind. Man as I mentioned in my previous posts is not a collective sum of chemicals designed to look like what our eyes perceive it to be, but a entity... an entity who is not here to born, eat, grow, copulate, nurture his kids and then die, he is not a furniture in Nature's play but a participating actor....

We today have technology, science, arts, humanities which all defies nature. We fly fater than fatest bird, travel faster than fastest beast, travel moon, communicate till end of solar system, live twice the life than expectancy, etc etc... However, motive here is not to display the superiority of mankind but to ask whether this really make us(the users of all these marvels) great???????????

If we really ask ourselves, how many of us really have broken the chains of nature.... How many of us perform additional roles than what nature intended. How many of us are adding new dimensions to mankind? How many of us are striving to make next generation even more successful.... I dont see many hands up... And if we ask, you wont find many hands up in past as well... There is a huge population of CATTLE (however little more sofisticated) for each man we find....Who is man.... I will define in my later post.....

Today when I see myself, I see me in a vast herd of cattle, being rowed by few people of past and present.....

To transform from cattle to man is my purpose of life......

A small Clarification
This post is not meant to compare some people... Please dont take it hard... The motive is to state superiority of man lies in his traits and not in the fact that he/she is born in that species

1 comment:

Meghashyam Chirravoori said...

True udg, not everyone can break free of the imposed social conditioning and thinking patterns... but is not the very prospect of thinking freely and creating something - exciting in itself irrespective of anything else in the world?? From soil we came and in soil we will go might be true but still irrespective of this fact is it not beautiful that we can be free and purposeful and make our life meaningful before we depart... I just thought about the things I would do if I knew i was going to die at this hour tomorrow..... Keep writing sr.... It inspires us....:)